Music, political, and cultural musings from the heart of my bottom...

Monday, April 10, 2006

Music - Rave: Porcupine Tree

Rave: Porcupine Tree

I've stumbled upon this band listening to XM music Lab on DirecTV. They're a hard rock band in the tradition of Floyd, Rush, Yes, but with a modern spin on it. Great melodies, harmonies, lyrics, and musicianship. I've heard mostly songs from their last 2 albums, Deadwing and In Absentia, but it's very dynamic and creative. Some songs are made for radio type, others are more of extended head trips. Some songs I would recommend of theirs would be

Blackest Eyes (In Absentia)
Sound of Muzak (In Absentia)
Trains (In Absentia)
Lazarus (Deadwing)
Shallow (Deadwing)
Arriving Somewhere but not Here (Deadwing)
Piano Lessons (Stupid Dream)

check them out here

If you like them please support them. I'm not telling anyone how to get their music, but if you get it free, at least buy a T-Shirt. BTW, I, being from Phoenix, don't know them personally or have been lucky enough to see a show. Maybe if a buzz can be generated, they'll come back stateside.

Pete

No comments:

Who Am I?

Arizona, United States